"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, May 14, 2010

Shallow

I just want to know,
Why are you so shallow?
What's so important about whether your skin is white, black or yellow?
But no,
Skin must be white pretending to be brown,
It's not cool to smile,
It's not cool to frown,
I just can't be what you want me to be,
Why can't you see,
You're different to me?

I just want to know,
Why do you think I am shallow?
I dream of universities,
You dream of size zeros,
But in the end you'll see,
Who's the loser and who's the hero.

I just want to know,
Why is this world so shallow?
Black or white,
Man or woman,
What does it matter?
Since when does money and fame beat love and success?
I just can't live in a world
That's so insecure,
I loved you once,
Now I'm not so sure.

1 comment:

Guess Who said...

did you write this?
it's pretty good, i think.
but you never know...
this girl you are talking about could end up earning millions of dollars in modelling because of that size zero.