"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hello Lovelies!

Now Playing: Fix You by Coldplay (lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you)

Hello my lovelies! I'm back!

Well, I'm not back in the country, but I'm back to blogging. I have Wifi - finally! - so I will be putting my iPad to good use ;).

I spent the last month in Suncheon, which is my family hometown, going back to Seoul occasionally to stay with one of my cousins and and my two aunts who live in Seoul and Ilsan. We've been travelling around the country, eating ourselves stupid, and blowing our budget shopping.

So it's been good fun.

When I blog at home I normally brainstorm in my head throughout the day - on the route to and from school, at recess, at lunch...in particularly boring classes or catharsis-inducing assemblies...and then I publish either from school or at home. But here with the limited internet and computers that refuse to co-operate with Blogger, that's been a little difficult. What I have been doing, however, is keeping a diary every few days on my iPad, and there's some pretty good stuff there, so I will publish some of it. And I will get back to regular blogging.

Where am I? I'm at uni! I'm studying Korean at Yonsei University and classes start very soon. I'm living in a dormitory house nearby, and the common room has pretty good Wifi...although my iPad is about to die :P Life here is...interesting - we've only been here for two nights. We're technically in Incheon, which is a big metropolitan city near Seoul, but because we're in Campus Town there is absolutely nothing for miles around except for universities and dormitories. It's absolutely unbelievably fucking cold outside, and everything is covered in at least half a foot of snow. But Yonsei is very pretty, and dorm life is fun. The people here are lovely - most of the Korean students haven't started yet and some don't live in the dorms, but there are a few international students around. The ones who have lived in Seoul for a few weeks are complaining about the total lack of food - there's a grand total of one cafe nearby - but we eat at American-style cafeterias which are not too bad. And, unlike back at home where eating a microwave meal may be the last thing you do, the food around here is pretty good. Oh, and there's always ramen :P

I have lots in the pipeline, so keep an eye on this space. My diary, plus I've got lots of thoughts on Korea and learning Korean and all of that. I've also read the entire Hunger Games trilogy several times over, so I have lots to say about that, plus I've got two poems ready to publish.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year. I love you all to the moon and back. Stay beautiful.

No comments: