"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Smiles.

It's a lonely walk around these hallowed halls
The hushed whispers of ancient wisdom
The smell of coffee and fresh paper

And one of these windows is yours

Marvel at how we met across time and place
Countries and continents fell at our feet
At our first words, first touch, first smile

And one of these windows is yours

There is something comforting in the simplicity between us
Only hurts and heartbreaks are lost in translation
I am glad that our common tongue is the language of smiles

And one of those smiles is yours

This is an alien place for me
A foreign landscape full of shadows
And things that go bump in the night

But one of these windows is yours

I wander down the boulevard of broken dreams
A forgotten woman
And a broken-hearted girl

But one of these windows is yours

It is comforting to know that you are here
And sometimes you think of me
And the sight of me dancing brings a smile to your face

And part of my heart is yours

No comments: