"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Holy Ground

You have already forgiven yourself, I think
I think you have tried to forget
But you remember the taste of me in the warm winter sun

I've almost buried that horse in the ground
I can nearly drown you out with the howling wind
And frost numbs old wounds

But you have what I do not
So it is I who is robbed, lost, wanting
You knew that when you left me here
And fled to higher ground

And so even in this bitter war
Where hearts fall like houses of cards
And memories are vulnerabilities

I cling to this
Where I stood in your arms
On holy ground

Tonight in the swirling snow I'll dance
For all that we've been through
But I don't want to dance if I'm not dancing with you

Inspired by Holy Ground by Taylor Swift

Click here for a discussion of Holy Ground

No comments: