"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, January 21, 2013

You & I

In your eyes I see
The beginning and ending
Birth and death
Inception and destruction
For you and I.

But I know
And you know
There is nothing for you and I
It is a story I cannot even begin to write
I could never be your Scheherazade.

Even if there is a spark
And where there's smoke there's fire
It will be the inferno that consumes us
And for you and I
It will be the death of everything good and right.

Pyramus and Thisbe
Barricaded by history
There will always be some things
Forever lost in translation for you and I
A wall that keeps us worlds apart.

And a thousand years of genocide
Warns us of what happens when ancient worlds collide
So for you and I
We will be no more than
Stop, stare and smile.

Click here for a discussion of You & I

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Love verses one and four.

"I could never be your Scherezade".