"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Here.

Even in this heat I'll put another jacket on
Wrap the blanket a little closer 

So it feels like you are here

I can still smell you on me
And that's enough for me

It feels like you are here 

Pretend my flinches are your heartbeats 
Pretend my sobs are your sighs

Pretend my demons are your whispered goodbyes 

I put another jacket on
Yet it still grows colder 

But there's so much ice in your voice
That even in this blistering cold 

It feels like you are here 

No comments: