"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Shirt

Once I slept on a girl's sofa
When there was a boy with her in the other room

I had your shirt pressed against my cheek
It was almost like you were there

And in the morning you woke me up
Loud, rude, impatient as usual

And with phones buzzing and kettles singing
It was almost like you were there

Now I feel like I am back on that sofa
And she has another boy with her in the other room

But your shirt is on the floor, not in my arms
Because that boy is you

Don't wake me up in the morning
I don't want to be there


No comments: