"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Imminent.

I am afraid of the day that you die
I am afraid a part of me will die too

I am afraid I will forget
All those times you tried to kill me

I am afraid that your death will hurt me more than life ever could.

But I am more afraid that that day
Will slip by unnoticed

And the little girl who loved you
Will be worlds away

And the woman who loathed you
Will hate you even in memory

Is this what we have become?
Why have you wasted your days

Your beautiful, precious, chocolate-eyed days
Destroying me?

Think of me one last time
Try to think of me fondly

And I will try, too
For you.


No comments: