"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nemesis

No.
You cannot treat me like this.

You cannot treat me like a child now
When we were slaves to the beat
When your hands fumbled and found me
When my hips swayed and I tumbled into your arms

I was woman enough then.

No.
You cannot do this to me

We cannot be strangers now
Remember your place is sealed with a kiss
Remember you stand your ground because I stand at your side
Remember I can destroy you as easily as I raised you

I am Nemesis.
You do not toy with me.

No comments: