"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Yes, I think you're naive.
I see you, hulking
Towering over me

And all I see is a silly little boy.

I am crass, and rude, and loud
I know.

I sit with my legs spread and teeth bared

And I talk.

Don't look at me like that
When I laugh at my tears

What else can I do?

Do you think I don't know
That they're laughing at me?

The only thing I can do is laugh back
Bite back.

Yes, I know you think I'm naive.
I know you see me, small
A head and more shorter than you

And all you see is a silly little girl.

This is how I survive
This is what girls do

We grow up, quickly,
Faster than our bodies do

Because there are things out there
Things that go bump in the dark
Things that claw at my flesh
And pull my hair

So I must bare my teeth,
And smile.

Because you, my hulking, towering friend
You are too naive to fight for me.

No comments: