"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, October 20, 2014

It is an insult to her, and to me
To think of her as a
Better, prettier, shinier model

As if we are computers for you to play with
And then leave on the curbside, spent.

What a fool I was to think that you were here for me
Because you loved me
Because there was something that wasn't fame or glory
That kept you at my side

When I was a rising star you clung to my coattails
And now you are her knotted bed sheets
You are my hanging rope

It was not a twist of fate that brought you here
She has a name.
Her name is me.

No comments: