"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mixed Messages.

Love, for a boy, is straightforward. Boy meets girl. Boy asks girl out. Girl says yes or no. That's about it.

Boys love the chase. Girls are meant to be chased, not do the chasing. But how can you help it? Being in love pulls you in like a magnet, and it's hard to run away from that. Why are we accused of being suffocating, being desperate, when we're just doing what we want all the boys to do to us? I hate how we have to play games to get what we want.

When a boy says no, it means no. When a girl says no, it can mean anything. I hate how we don't have the same kind of finality that boy does. If girls are expected to play hard to get I wish boys were born with the ability to recognise when a girl is playing and when a girl really doesn't want anything to do with you. How many times have I said no no no and it gets interpreted in some deluded boy's mind as yes yes yes?There are only so many variations of 'just friends' that I know.


Why is it that when a girl likes a boy and he doesn't return the favour, nobody thinks he has anything to do with it? But when a boy likes a girl and she doesn't like him, the rumours tell of a more mutual story. Why are girls meant to fall over every boy who looks twice at her, but boys get to pick and choose?

No comments: