"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

spirallingwhitelily

i am the crowned queen
of no-man's land
princess of
nothing in particular.

can you see my coronet
sparkle in the candlelight?

i am laced
tight
in bright white light
and silver lace
curling
softly

down the arches of my back
and hips
and breasts...

a creamy waterfall of
white silk
and an obsidian tumble of
black curls

i am a porcelain doll
made of
caramelandhoney

of rouge
and roses
and champagne.

my darkhawkeyes
are hidden
behind
lace, sparkle and silk.

without my kohl
and black satin

i am not the lady of the night.

just for one day

i am just an innocent
spirallingwhitelily

dreaming of nothing

darker
or more sordid

than a knight in shining armour.

and, perhaps,
a kiss.

they all stop and stare

at me

and the boy who has me
on his arm.

they whisper to me
and amongst themselves
what they should have said
could have said

long, long ago...

i take his hand
and his, and his

as carefree
as a barefoot milkmaid.

come with me

come dance.

self portrait at the ball

No comments: