"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, March 10, 2012

there are so many things that could be said.

Specifically, there are so many things that have been said. There has been so much dialogue between us. I remember each word said about you, to you, with you, against you.There are things that you know, and I don't; things that I wish I could scream at you, instead of smiling blandly. There are so many things I can never say.

Maybe not for you. But for me.

I told you, words mean everything to me. It is so strange that they seem to mean nothing to no one. Without words, I am nothing. That is why I mean so little to my so-called friends, to you.  

It is so hard to pretend like we are perfect strangers. Is that all we are? It seems like such a waste. When what has been said has been said, how can we go back to something so banal?

I do not like being in love. It has never given me a moment of joy. I am the most useless at gambling, at playing. If I could I would turn it off, just for a little while, and let myself get on with my life. I know people think that I am aiming too high, but the truth is, I am not aiming. I know you are too high, and if this were a rational, reasoned decision none of this would ever happen. I never intend any of this bullshit to happen; it just does. I wish I could be indifferent to you. I am indifferent to so many others, so many others who have been much kinder to me than you have been.

In eight months you and I will go our separate ways. I have spent half my childhood in a university, and I know just how big it is. I'll lose myself in it, and I doubt I'll see you again. There is nothing to miss about you except the little patter of my heart and the wealth of foolish things I have said and done. It is hard seeing you everywhere. You seem to be absolutely everywhere I go. It will be easier when you and I are out of sight, out of mind. Because, knowing me, it doesn't matter what you do or what you become; I am just being silly and irrational.

I was almost indifferent to you. I was almost at the point where you were nothing more than a pleasant acquaintance. You ruined that, and no amount of deleting or forgetting or whinging is going to erase that completely, not yet.

I am sure you did not mean it. You're careless, but not cruel. But you got into my bubble, and now I am in a world of hurt.

No comments: