"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, November 13, 2009

...back to normal.

Okay, back to normal posting now. Sorry about the sudden halt in the post flow, I'm just...going through a rough time at the moment.

Anyway.

If you're a young person like me, do you ever feel...lost in the crowd? Sometimes I feel like when I talk, no-one's listening. Like my opinions and thoughts are irrelevant to decisions made for you about your life, by other people. It's like I'm caught between the world of children and the world of adults, and my opinion just isn't taken seriously.

I try to stand tall and not be a pushover to old farts trying to take over my life, but it's so hard. I try and be big and brave and strong, but sometimes I feel so...small.

As much as I am an advocate of women's and children's rights, I am also a huge supporter of youth rights movement. After all, we are the ones who have to save the world from all the shit our parents got us into. When all you old folks are blissfully rotting away in cemeteries we'll be desperately trying to pull this crazy chaos called society together. Some thanks might be nice, you know, some gratitude for what we have to do, some sympathy about the huge task ahead. But no.

People dismiss the voice of the young people as being uneducated, naive and ignorant, but seriously, people understimate what young people can do. They underestimate what young energy and young passion can drive young people to do.

I'm just telling you this now: don't.

No comments: