"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Couple Envy...

I know most people kind of forget about those miserable bachelors and irritable spinsters when they're madly in love, but seriously...

Don't.

Okay, I know that's a pretty hypocritical comment, because for the entire 8 days I have ever been a girlfriend in my life I get pretty oblivious to the woes of being single, but seriously...

It's insanely annoying.

I mean, is it really so hard to stay away from each other when other people are around? It's like, common courtesy, isn't it? It's like, if you've got something really exxy that you know your best friend can't afford, you don't go flaunting the fact you have one and she doesn't right in front of her povvo face.

Same thing.

So, because couples make me feel intensely uncomfortable, I return the favour. Seriously - the greatest fun is bugging the shit out of couples, tagging along and acting like a whiney five year old. Most people think that I'm just clueless, but, trust me, I'm not. I'm just very good at payback.

And just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean you abandon everything else. Because, family is forever, friends are whatever, best friends stay together, and boys are heartbreakers.

No comments: