"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, November 23, 2009

It's the little things that make me think big...

...do men use shampoo? I hardly ever see men in the shampoo aisle, and I have never in my life seen a man pick up a bottle of shampoo and put it in their basket.

...who can you discuss acne treatments with? You can't discuss it with people who have acne, because, firstly, they haven't found a very good cure yet and therefore any acne-related discussion with them is pointless, and secondly, most people I've met that have acne are convinced they have a flawless baby-bum cmplexion - a very dubious and debateable claim, but they believe in it so religiously and fanatically I decide most of the time not to burst their little bubble. And you can't really talk about acne with people who don't have it - because, most people my age who don't have acne (lucky bitches) have probably never had a spot in their lives, and probably never will.

...have you ever noticed it's the little things that piss teachers off the most? The things that don't really matter, like if a student is wearing the wrong coloured socks or if they arrive six and a half milliseconds late for class. I mean, do these things really matter? No, they don't. But teachers get so wound up about them. If it wasn't seriously annoying, it is actually quite funny.

...why do people get so worked up over swear words? As a little kid, I never used to get it, and I don't think I do now or ever will. I mean, they're just words, you know, just sounds. Just random things you do with your mouth and tongue and voicebox. I mean, it's not the word itself that is offensive, it's whatever crazy shit we have come to associate with it.

...whoever put me on this earth as a fat asian kid was a twit. Seriously. I mean, this movie called Life...who the hell cast this thing?

...why is it that the guy always has to ask out the girl? I mean, I've never seen a relationship work out when it's the girl that does the asking, which is quite unfair. It just shows that guys are too...I don't know. Unaccomodating. So, the girl who asked you out wasn't exactly the one you were looking for. Who cares? You might not even know what you were looking for in the beginning, and this girl could be perfect for you. I mean, we always get asked out by random guys that we wouldn't really consider perfect boyfriend material, but most of them are actually quite nice. Most of them. Some of them are just jerks.

...It's always intrigued me how much the world is so obsessed with what other people think. I mean, it's their fault they burst into tears when you say 'your hair looks nice' to them, not yours. Why are we so uptight about these things? Why are we so upset when someone blows up over nothing? It's their loss. I mean, social etiquette and taboos suck. They contradict our free lives.

And there are a few of the many little things that make me think big.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Thanks for sharing your BIG thoughts with us.

Especially the one about men and shampoo.

C.S said...

No LR, men do not use shampoo. My dad has been using soap on his hair ever since he was born, and he wouldn't use shampoo if he was paid for it. Seriously.
C.S