"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Team...?

As a Twilighter, the most common question you get asked by other Twilighters is: Are you Team Edward, Team Jacob, or Team Switzerland?

For all you non-Twilighters there, Team Edward is, obviously, a group of people who believe Bella made the right choice staying with Edward, and Team Jacob is a group of people who believe that Bella should have gone to Jacob. Team Switzerland are people who either like Edward and Jacob equally, hate Edward and Jacob equally, seriously don't care about the love triangle, or people who don't want to start World War Three amongst the obsessed Edward freaks and the people who drool for Jacob.

When I first got into the series, I was, no doubt, Team Edward. Jacob was a seriously annoying character to me, and, at that time, Edward was pretty much synonymous to my perfect man. For me, at that time, it was a no-brainer.

But as I grew, as I fell in love more often and had my heart broken more and more deeply, I started to see Jacob's point of view. Jacob, after all, is an annoying character, but he can't help it. He wants what he can't have, he's in love with a girl who's boyfriend is the most formidable love opponent in the history of the world. I hate to admit it, but I was pretty much in his shoes at one point, and, sadly I still am in many ways.

But now, I'm kind of in the middle. Team Switzerland, I guess. Instead of sympathizing with Edward, or with Jacob, I now sympathize with Bella. I know what it's like to be in love with someone who's not exactly good for you (and I know what it's like to be in love with someone as white as a ghost. Lol.), and I know how hard it is to be in love with a friend, but never able to fully love him, openly.

I used to think, poor Edward. Jacob must seriously be annoying. Then I thought, poor Jacob. His situation must be so heartbreaking.

Now, I think...poor Bella, her situation must be so...confusing.