"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, January 07, 2010

10 Pets

Mood: sleepy
Listening to: 'I'll be Fine' by Stevie Hoang
Hungry for: something sweet...

Just the little things that brighten my day, the little things that chase the clouds away...and the little things that make me mad, make my cry, make me sad.

10 Pet Loves

1. Getting a comment on my blog/s
2. Looking at all the exotic places new readers live in on my FeedJit gadget
3. My mum's cooking after a long day at school
4. When teachers are being nice normal human beings
5. Getting good grades
6. Good hair days
7. When my makeup co-operates...
8. Non-junk emails
9. Spending ages in the bath
10. Not getting yelled at or picked on by some of my less-liked (hated) teachers

10 Pet Hates

1. When people get in my way
2. Slow people
3. Bad hair days
4. When my makeup doesn't co-operate
5. When you forget your lunch and the only thing left in the cafeteria is stale sandwiches
6. When you forget your lunch and the only thing you can afford is the stale sandwiches
7. When I forget my homework
8. Getting yelled at
9. Getting picked on by teachers
10. Just feelin' blue...

10 Role Models

1. Elizabeth I
2. Joan of Arc
3. Anne Boleyn
4. Queen Victoria
5. (of course the first five have to be women!) Catherine of Aragon
6. Barack Obama
7. Martin Luther King Jr.
8. Ned Kelly (rebel all the way)
9. Taylor Swift!
10. last but not least...my mum! Best Woman of The Century. No contest.

10 Kinds of People I hate

1. Annoying, lame teachers that pick on me and set too much homework
2. Annoying, lame teachers that pick on me
3. Annoying, lame teachers
4. Annoying teachers
5. Heartbreakers (i.e most of the males I know)
6. People who think they know better than me just because they're like a squillion years older
7. People who boss me around and try to live my life (and tell me that I'm an ignorant, arrogant, selfish, conceited bitch - hark who's talking!)
8. People who's goal in life is to be better than me (because they have nothing better to do)
9. Rascist f**kheads (the only time I use the f-word. That's how much I hate them)
10. Sexist f**kheads (okay, so I use it here too.)

So there you have it! 20 Pet Hates and 20 Pet Loves.

I think it's important to recognise what you love and what you hate - after all, there's no point pretending you love everything, because that's just not possible. Even the most Zen people find some people downright pain in the asses, and I think it's important to admit that. In this day and age, we're forced to keep our personalities and opinions to ourselves (despite what most people say - even though it's legal to express yourself it is at the moment a social taboo - at least where I am) and I think that's wrong. I mean, we're all different people - I think we should all accept that. There are so many cliques at school who consider everything about you - your physical appearance, your grades, your friends, your social status, who you've dated, etc. except for your personality and opinions, which is what counts, when they judge you. Most people think I'm conceited, but I'm not. I'm just confident. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, and I hope one day I can spread that message. Young people these days are so concerned about what people think of them and what to think of others that they forget themselves, and forget that we are all human beings, and are beautiful because of our flaws. Young people these days are so quick to brand and label someone, and are so harsh and cruel against the unique. And it is because of our uniqueness, our individuality, that we are all so beautiful, but young people these days just don't see that. They scorn and laugh and jeer without thinking what the person on the receiving end, a fellow human being with thoughts and opinions and emotions and reactions just like everyone else, is going through. People these days don't consider people on the receiving end of anything. They say that I'm harsh and unforgiving, but then, so is this society. They tell me to grow a thick skin and then tell me I'm insensitive. But I guess I'm used to that.

So next time you pick on someone for being different, think about this: because they are different, because they dare to be unique, they are a million times more beautiful than you, just another wall flower who blends in with the crowd of the million bimbos that walk this earth. Is that how you want to live your life, just another idiot? Sure, you'd be accepted, but is that what you really want? Wouldn't you rather just be yourself, just as you are, with your differences and flaws, a beautiful human being?

Don't forget to check out my new blog, It's A Crazy Dream, to follow me as I read the Telegraph's Top 100 Novels of All Time.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Stale sandwiches!

I don't like them very much, either.