"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, January 18, 2010

10 Random Things...that you probably don't need to know about me, but *I* think they're very important...

Mood:ravenous
Listening to:'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls
Hungry for: I don't know...why you ask all these difficult questions...oh. I did.

Ten Random Things....about me that are probably very unimportant to you...

1. I am currently obsessed with the song 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls. It's like, pure wizard. But what is with the name 'Goo Goo Dolls'? I mean, all it makes me think of is like baby dolls covered in baby food and poo. And uh...I haven't figured out why the song is called 'Iris' either. But still. Wizard song.

2. I am a bit YouTube addicted during the holidays - my favourites are vlogs - communitychannel, charlieissocoollike and Ryan Higa...mychonny is good for a bit of crude humour - and I watch a lot of music videos for the lesser-known Taylor Swift songs, and also Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson singles.

3. I rarely leave the house without a little bit of makeup on. I don't wear a lot, but I don't feel comfortable unless I daub a bit of concealer (Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer in Beige) and lipbalm (Carmex or strawberry Chapstick) for that 'of course I'm not wearing makeup *wink wink*' look. Maybe she's born with it, maybe she's wearing makeup.

4. I am currently in love with Al'chemy hair products - I'm using the Lemongrass Shampoo and Jojoba Light Conditioner - they smell really good, are, like, 200% natural (chemical free, just herby and botanical) and are really good for your hair.

5. I'm also in love with foaming cleansers. You know, the ones when you press the pump dispenser and all this lovely foamy moussy stuff comes out? Yeah, them. Simple, Clean & Clear and Neutrogena Deep Clean do them, amongst other brands. You can tell they're foaming because they have words like 'foaming', 'self-foaming', 'mousse' and 'deep cleaning', and they're more runny than normal gel cleansers - like the consistency of water or juice. And the pump is bulkier.

6. I have a habit of ignoring the shelf life of most makeup products - I mean, there are some old Estee Lauder stuff I use that used to be my mum's that they just don't make anymore, and I frankly don't care that they're twenty years old, they're really delish colours. I know you're not meant to share makeup and chuck everything out before the year ends, but wtf.

7. I can tell you straight off that the Neutrogena 8 Hour range does not work. Not in eight hours, anyway.

8. I have a habit of getting little gimmicks and sayings off (mostly ex) friends and boyfriends. So now I say 'Ya think' and 'n'duh' and stupid stuff like that. I had pretty lame ex friends and boyfriends.

9. Filing your nails make them sharper. Seriously.

10. I have a really bad habit of taking off my purity ring...I know you're not supposed to do that, but it's too big!

11. Yes, I do wear a purity ring. I mean, if all unmarried people wore purity rings, we wouldn't have a teenage unplanned pregancy problem, would we? But then, I guess, we wouldn't have super cool movies like Juno, which I just watched.

I know that's eleven things, but technically...oh, whatever. It's eleven things. But I cbf changing the title.

No comments: