"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Day Before School Starts (i.e panic nowwww....)

Mood: tired
Listening to: 'Too Little Too Late' by Jojo
Hungry for: uuuhhh...

School starts tomorrow. Start panicking now.

In other news...

I finally got my eyelash curler! It's not shu uemura, because they don't stock it here and it's too risky trying to ship it in, so it's shisheido, which has almost the same cult status as shu uemura. I've tried it, and it's pretty good - at least my eyelashes don't sneak off in ten directions anymore. It's actually kind of cool, not having droopy eyelashes anymore. Being the crazy person I am, I've had a furious tirade at my old eyelash curler, which is really no comparison to my shiny new shisheido. I love my eyelash curler!

I know, kind of petty. But tomorrow I have to go into full student mode, so I'm enjoying being the girl that considers an eyelash curler to equal happiness.

Anyway, I've decided that I want to know more about my readers. Every post, I'm going to ask a question, and please, please, *please* answer it in the comments. Please.

Today's question is: How do you feel about your schooling? Was it good? Was it bad? What could have been improved?

Don't forget to check out my new blog, It's A Crazy Dream, to follow me as I read the Telegraph's Top 100 Novels of All Time.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

How do you feel about your schooling? Was it good? Was it bad? What could have been improved?

I feel grateful about my schooling.

Good things about it included many teachers, friends I might not have made otherwise, and the physical environment (trees, open space and so on). Relationships and connections, both with the learning and with the people.

Bad things included the fear of being suspended or expelled. And fear in general. Also lack of funding. Or that my school might have closed.

Another 'school feeling' is probably ambivalent. Especially about the moral/character side of schooling. Does it do a lot to develop a whole person and such?

Feeling things can be improved ... well, students, parents and teachers do have a lot of power to improve the system that's theirs to work in.

One important improvement is probably ownership/accountability. There is also more of an emphasis on connection and belonging and school engagement.

Another school feeling is 'enthusiasm' and another feeling is probably 'anxiety'. I wish I could pin it down some more.

The feeling that there's an alternative, if you're not happy, and can access it.

PeculiarCuriousitiesTeam said...

I think my schooling is very good. Naturally, it has it's ups and downs, but, overall, I think it's rather an enjoyable experience. I'm getting back into the mode that requires sleeping on time and waking at 5:30 for running again. I feel lke I have control when I'm at school and I'm in this routine.

About the schooling in this country in general? Gahh! I hate private schools and the liberal government (THEY DO NOT DESERVE CAPITAL LETTERS). I could really go on all year about how much I hate those people and WHY they are so corrupt and money hungry and self serving mushrooms!

What can be improved? NO MORE PRIVATE SCHOOLS. They piss me off almost as much as religion.
Have a nice school year, Lady.