"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Denial.

There is this sort of expectation to move on suddenly, emotionlessly, if you like someone but they don't like you back.If you're not over him, you're laughing stock - especially if he's hooked up with someone else.

Which is something I seriously don't get. Love is not something that you can fall in and out of at will. So what if I'm not over the guy who's never going to be interested in me? It's not anyone else's problem but mine. It's bad enough that they don't like me, but to get teased because I'm not over him in about sixty seconds is just crazy. And the teasing is always from boys - what do they know about this stuff? Boys at this age aren't heartbroken, they're just heartbreakers. Seriously.

And I know I always fall for boys out of my league, but it's not like I have much of a choice. It's not like I can point at a guy who might actually like me back and say 'I'll fall in love with him', because love doesn't work like that. I don't know why people have such a big problem with it, but I'm used to love being a one-way thing. I don't see why they find that I like some guy so funny, because when they like someone they're drop-dead serious.

And don't you think I have it hard enough already? It's hard when all of your friends have boyfriends except for you. It's hard being in love with someone who doesn't love you back. It's hard having guyfriends gush about a girl...a girl who is not you.

It's hard enough without the ridicule. Seriously.

No comments: