"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inhumanity.

I have a more personal reason for being a feminist.

Every day, love lets me down. And as I become more disillusioned with love, the more disenchanted I am about men. What can inspire a human being to not only reject someone, but to rip out their heart, tear it to pieces, dunk it in acid and then stuff it back in? What justification is their to cause someone so much pain? How can they do it so guiltlessly?

I know, it's not just men. But, because I'm neither a guy or a lesbian, I can only fathom how much pain women inflict. But that's no justfication. I know so many people who say 'well, this chick's just trodden on my ego so I'm going to rip someone else's heart to pieces', or cruder sayings to that effect. What's wrong with the world? Why do we look for opportunites to be so inhuman?

My mother always told me you never compare yourself with the worst - only with the best. She always told me it doesn't matter how horrible everyone else is, I always have to be the best person I can. Lowering yourself to their standards is disrespecting yourself and what you can do.

It's not that everyone's mother is worse than mine, it's that people who chose to hurt people like me don't listen. But, I guess, what comes around, goes around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean 'men' or 'boys'?
C.S