"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, July 23, 2010

40 Hour Famine Donating

I have officially signed up for the 40 Hour Famine, and I have made a few edits to my list of things I am giving up. The official famine weekend is on August 20-22, but I plan to do it a week before to avoid doing the famine on my mother's birthday.

I have a page on the 40 Hour Famine website, where you can donate money to my famine effort online, and receive an emailed receipt. You can donate both to my personal cash aim or to the 40 Hour Famine in general, as much or as little as you like, whether you live in or out of Australia, with a choice of payment options. I will not be keeping any of the money raised for personal use. My aim is AUD $200.

All money I receive for my famine is given to World Vision to battle the Global Food Crisis - this year the countries in the spotlight are Kenya and Nepal. Please open your hearts to people much less fortunate than ourselves and donate generously. It doesn't matter how much you give, every cent counts.

My 40 Hour Famine Page is: http://40hf.com/ladyrenegade96. The url linking is not working, so please copy and paste it into your url boxy thing (really technical term).

Thank you.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Good on you.

(and for being considerate about your Mum's birthday).

Nepal is a country about which I have cared about for many years, and so is Kenya.

Best wishes.

Firefox is very clever with keywords, so if I just typed it into the box (search box or URL box) it would work well.

I notice that India, Cambodia and Laos are there too. Way to help Australia's neighbours, as well as the strategic region!

Have been thinking (again) about co-operation and altruism. Daniel Finklestein and Stephanie Dowrick have ideas about that.