"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, July 12, 2010

Politically Correct Censorship Bullcrap: Modern Tales On How Sad Our World Has Become.

Mood: ...kind of pissed off, actually. is it obvious?
Listening to: 'Airplanes' by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams from Paramore
Hungry for: nuthin', really.
Bella says: 'I DON'T WANNA PEEE!!!' (...that's nice, bella...)

Have you noticed how unbearably politically correct the world is these days? I mean, you can't say anything without offending at least half of the global population. You can't think or breathe. And if you don't, then you end up offending the other half of the population. Lovely.

I mean, I wish we could go back to the days when you could say something when people would laugh it off as a joke. I mean, jokes don't exist these days, unless they involve poo-poo and 'you're gay'. I mean, important things like 'I love you' are a joke now. But you know, normal things like 'Wow, the sky is pitch black' and then you have knives thrown at you. I mean, grow up.

I am in no way supporting racism or sexism or any other ism you can throw at me. I'm just saying, people are far too picky these days, far too petty. I mean, we're not allowed to say anything bad about anyone black, even if they're mass murdering bumholes, for no other reason except for the fact that they are black, and because of a shitload of shit that has happened to them throughout world history to their ancestors that are dead and gone by people who are dead and gone that their descendants are somehow immune to international law - it's somehow escaped our attention that our race really has nothing to do whether you turn out to be an angel or a devil or just normal. There are only so many things you can use 'you beat my great great great great great grandaddy up three squillion years ago' as an excuse. Political correctness has let so many 'historically alienated' or whatever the term is to basically get away with anything.

I mean, it's gotten to the point where Australia even has to change the name of a tree - we're not allowed to call blackboys blackboys anymore, we have to call them 'grass trees'. That is completely unreasonable - the contemporary reason why we call them 'blackboys' is because THEY'RE FLIPPING BLACK, AND NO, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ABORIGINALS and seriously, so what if it comes from slightly discriminatory roots? EVERY WORD HAS SOME KIND OF RASCIST OR SEXIST BACKGROUND. GET OVER IT. I mean, the word 'lord' comes from Old English for 'bread keeper' and 'lady' comes from the word 'bread maker', does that mean that we stop using these perfectly harmless words? Of course not!

Another thing I do not understand is how people make all sorts of bizarre connections between two completely irrelevant things, one being offensive and one completely harmless. I mean, if I say 'go away' I am not referring to some war between this person and this person when the dinosaurs roamed!?...

I'm serious, here. It's driving me crazy. Before I talk, I think and rethink everything about several million times, trying to analyze every angle, hoping I won't offend anybody, but someone always ends up hurt. And I really don't think it's my fault. I've been told...enough times to do some serious damage to my ego...that I'm just a fat insignficant girl. So why let a fat insignificant girl bother you? She doesn't bother you when she does anything good. So why let her bother you, why even bother trying to make bizarre politically correct connections? Why make me censor who I am?

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Actually, there are (supposedly) culture-fair and culture-free languages. These languages include Ro and Solresol, as well as Mirad.

English (or indeed the languages of the nation, or have spread across nations) is just not one of them.

A few months ago I read about some of the connotation-words in Chinese and indeed Korean.

As for trees, call them by their scientific names.

(Even science is not free of intolerance).