"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Star Wars, Hayden, and random boy obsessions

Mood: star wars!
Listening to: star wars!
Hungry for: star wars!
Bella says: star wars!

Okay, so every now and again I get in this fangirlish mood and I watch like a stack of Star Wars fanvids - some of them are actually quite good. My favourites are:



An Anakin-Padme shipper, set to 'My Happy Ending' by Avril Lavigne



A vid about Anakin's fall to the dark side, and Obi-Wan's guilt that he didn't know 'how to save a life' - set to 'How To Save A Life' by The Fray



An Obi-Wan/Padme/Anakin fanvid about how Obi-Wan secretly loves Padme and watches from a distance as she falls in love with Anakin, which leads them both to their dooms. Set to 'Love Song Requiem' by Trading Yesterday



A Padme/Anakin fanvid about what Padme is thinking about when she arrives at Mustafar/gets choked to death by her psychopath husband/giving birth to Darth Vader spawn/dying tragically/when dead. Set to 'Please Remember' by LeAnn Rimes.

Another thing I have a habit of watching is entire movies on YouTube, or as many clips as possible, which I also do with TV series (Yi San). So I was watching some clips of Anakin and Padme from the prequel trilogy, who are, of course, played by Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman respectively.

I love Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. I love Natalie Portman because she's a great actress, but I really only love Hayden Christensen because he's great eye-candy. I mean, he's a shit actor, so bad that he drags the stellar Star Wars cast down epically. I mean, I really don't get how you can be that tragic at acting. Even I'm not that bad.

But as I said, Hayden is amazing eye candy, but he's one of a very long list of actor-obsessions - Chad Michael Murray, Orlando Bloom, then my buddy Hayden, Alex Pettyfer, Taylor Lautner, Paul Wesley, Keanu Reeves. Practically all of my crushes have been on actors...and really, really, really bad actors most of the time, but with really, really, really awesome six-packs.

What is it with us girls liking untalented David lookalikes? (David as in the Michelangelo sculpture). I honestly don't know. I mean, all my favourite actresses actually do have talent, but most of my favourite actors, with the exception of the late Heath Ledger and Johnny Depp, are like negative on the talent factor but off the charts sexy.

But you know what? I don't care. I've spent my whole life being smart and nerdy. I'm allowed to have a few shallow obsessions (I love you Justin Bieber!). Several freaky ones, too.

No comments: