"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, December 09, 2010

What up?

Sorry I haven't been posting these last couple of days.

What's been going on? Lots of things.

My cousins are here from Singapore - my maternal cousins, one of my uncles and his wife and my maternal grandmother. So our household has the addition of eight, including my adorable two-year-old cousin Hannah, who starts every sentence with 'I dowan' (baby talk for 'I don't want'). If she doesn't like you, she'll pout, make a gun with her fingers and go 'BOMB!' - how adorable is that!?

So life has been a bit crazy. But we're getting good food, though - my grandmother is a venerable cook. Dinner is a big, noisy, family affair, and everything has lots of soy sauce and ginger in it. Good stuff.

I had my year eleven Transition day on Monday, and I must tell you, I'm stoked. Next year I feel like I'm really going to start living - I can stop wasting my time and get on to something useful. I wait with increasing impatience for the new year. Actually, my anticipation for next year is a bit of a rollercoaster - my ego inflates and then deflates at a most alarming rate.

So Lady Renegade is enjoying life - and blue eyeliner and red lipstick. Oh, and the cyborg is getting rewired.

You know you hate me,

xoxo L.R.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Loved hearing about your little cousin. She is a sweetie with spark! And a real personality. Hope she never loses it through life.

(Maybe you can share some of Grandma's recipes...)

Year 11 transition sounded fantastic. And an ego wouldn't be an ego if it didn't sometimes inflate and deflate.