"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Why Legolas has remained anonymous.

I know I bitch about a lot of people on this blog. Legolas, Goldilocks, Alaska, BSC, K, my crazy frog-obsessed year co-ordinator.

You may have noticed that I don't mention specific names and, with the exception of the male members of my list, I don't mention specific scenarios.

Well, I don't mention names because I like my freedom and free speech and my blog and it is illegal to put names in public no matter what people do (although, it seems, it is not illegal to break hearts, be a nuisance or a class A bitch, and I see all of the above as more damaging than having your name put on a blog that less than 0.1 percent of the world's population reads) and I don't mention specific scenarios (well, not about the female members of my list) because, to be honest, they're just too damn smart.

You see, if someone had, I don't know, thrown me down a flight of stairs, than I cold explain all the gory details of how I broke every bone in my body and how the offender got expelled in a most melodramatic fashion from the school. But, you see, bullies are not that dumb these days, especially in my school.

Bullying is a subtle art. It is a real gift to be able to make someone feel truly shit in a way that is not illegal or against the rules. It is a true wonder how they can do something so devastating to your ego, but can only be explained so that it sounds like the most childish and petty thing possible. And the law is even on their side, because I can't name and shame them, no, I just have to take all the crap and protect their identity.

That is really not fair.

So that is why Legolas has remained anonymous.

Commentators should note that I can and do read every comment posted on this blog, and are kindly reminded not to include anything illegal/offensive/annoying/stupid/lame in their comment, even if that comment is deleted. Yeah. I can still read it after you've deleted it.

Sorry I'm being crabby. Panadol can only do so much for post-surgery crap, and I think I'm allergic to opiates.

No comments: