"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Butterfly

The sad truth is
You judge my butterfly
By my chrysalis.

The whole truth is
I'm a butterfly
I'll spread my wings
And you'll see how beautiful I was inside
My chrysalis.

The real truth is
I'm a caterpillar now,
And I'm an ugly little wild child now,
But I will be a butterfly,
And I'll fly away.

The pure truth is
You're a dirty little moth and I'm a
Butterfly,
Butterfly,
One day I'll find my
Dragonfly,
Firefly,
And butterfly;
To fly,
Fly,
Fly,
Fly,
Fly with me,
And you'll see that what you judge is
Just my chrysalis.

I'm a butterfly,
Butterfly,
Locked in a chrysalis
But someday
I'm going to
Fly,
Fly,
Fly,
Fly,
And you can't fly with me.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hi Lady Solitaire:

Shouldn't it be

The sad truth is
you judge my butterfly
By my chrysalis.

(tough word to spell chryalis: for some of the same reasons as chrysantheum).

The firefly, dragonfly and other insects are great.

"the pure truth" verse you could just sing!

The song in my head at the moment is "Take these broken wings/and learn to fly again".