"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

My Happy Ending.

There was a time when
Men were poets,
When men gave roses,
And sang of love.

This is a time that
I feel I've been cheated of,
I want to wear the velvet gown,
I want to wear a golden crown.

I want to be in a time where
Love isn't so cheap.
I want my balcony scene,
I want my bonny prince,
I want...

My happy ending.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I can see where this poem evolved from; one of your Brain Farts. (The "men were poets" observation).

One 21st century example of a happy ending inspired me: it was a film called Corporates. You might well like to see it.

The poem feels very Beauty-and-the-Beastish.

And it may well be not love that is so cheap. Are you saying that love is cheap now, or that it is not so cheap?