"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, April 28, 2013

An Ode to Three Letters.

Never let me go
Tell myself it's time now, I've got to let go
Now all we know is don't let go
All the times I let you in, just for you to go again
This is the last time I let you in my door
Forget all about me and let me decay
Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one
Oh, let's go back to the start
When did you last let your heart decide?
Let me share this whole new world with you
I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me
This song is to let you know why
Lord, let me find him
I'm going to let it happen to me
Let me come and break down
Open up your heart and let me pull you out of here
Let go of your mother and turn to your brothers
Let me come and hold you high
Tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
He slowly let me drown
I was a heavy heart to carry but he never let me down
Lay me down, let the only sound be the overflow
Let me fall, but catch me mid flight
Meet me there tonight and let me know that it's not all in my mind
Trying not to let the first tear fall
She'll let you take her home, it whets her appetite
Let me go and I will run, I will not be silent
When you're too in love to let it go
The hardest part was letting go, not taking part
So let's sit back and watch the bed burn
And I love you so much, I'm going to let you kill me
I'm letting go tonight, I'm letting you go
You came in wearing a football helmet and said 'okay, let's talk'
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
It was the wicked and wild wind blew down the doors to let me in
Let's take a breath, jump over the side
I won't let you close enough to hurt me
I should not have let you go
I know you get me, so I let my walls come down
Let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love
Let's run away and don't ever look back
Let you put your hands on me
Let's consider this lesson learned
All you do is let me down
And I think I'm ready to let you get under my skin
Let the sky fall
I let it fall, my heart, and as it fell you rose to claim it
Let it burn while I cried
I hold too tight and have to let go
I'm so cold, let me in your window
Oh, let me have it, let me grab your soul away
Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads
Turn off all the lights, let the morning come

*   *   *

I love this word
All the power in helplessness
All the control in inevitability
And the conscious decision of letting something happen
Or slip away.

No comments: