"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What the Water Gave Me

My love took me to the river where he slowly let me drown
To drown out the voices screaming 'fire, fire'
May all the oceans in the world purge your mind
Of bloody limbs and broken hearts
A thousand miles down to the sea bed
The water will not forsake you now

There is a stream behind my house
I pray that holy water can save you from holy terror
The gods fight their war with human blood
Fight fire with fire

The Mighty Nile birthed a civilisation
I lay you down to rest in the valley of the Kings
May the water always run cool and sweet

For all those who fell to the inferno
I know that all the oceans in the world
Will not relieve you

But perhaps my love will give you
What the water gave me.

Inspired by Florence + The Machine
Dedicated to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.


No comments: