"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, April 19, 2013

Sword.

and did you think
that my hands that pushed you away
would pull you

closer                            closer
closer         closer          closer
closerclosercloserclosercloser

when life makes you pray
to gods you don't believe in

when you fall to your knees
of your own volition

and

and

scream at deaf ears

words took my first blood
can I

could I
perhaps

tell?

I'll tell on you and
mummy
will

he's a panic room
and you're a jail cell

more power to you
silence

no words to say

I fill my page with

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sword.

My friend is my sword
My words are my shield
And I shall not want.

He is my courage as I walk through the valley
Of the shadow of death
And I will fear no evil.

No comments: