"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Sweet Nothing

You think nothing of her sweet nothings
And too much of mine
Even when you reduce them to bittersweet memories
Of a time and place we will never know again

It is an insult to see so much in so little
And to think so little of so much

Time, I think, has made you sweeter
And something in the forge of time
Has created something stronger

A friendship of substance and gravity
Yet no clarity

And they keep telling to have faith
Problems are their own solutions
But it isn't easy for me to let it go
It eats away at this heart of mine
And there's a hollow in me now

I'm trying to hope with nothing to hold
Hollow victories and honoured promises

You know all of my battle scars
Prizes hard fought and lessons hard learnt
But now I cannot let anyone in
It is easier, now
To let people go

Them and they and you and I
Have killed the lion-hearted child I used to be

But it's hard to learn
And it's hard to love
When you're giving me such sweet nothing

Inspired by Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch 

No comments: