"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Judgement and Justice

Judgement and justice is handed out by a judge, but what if the judge loses all sense of judgement and justice?

I know, the title makes this post sound more like a Jane Austen sequel, but bear with me. I couldn't think of a better heading.

At school, we don't have a judge. Our homeroom teacher is the stand in judge, and you just have to pray that the teacher isn't biased or prejudiced or rascist or sexist or whatever.

Perfectly unswayable teachers are incredibly rare.

The fact remains that most human beings are biased, or prejudiced, or rascist or sexist, or all of them, for that matter. And most people don't even know it - they're sort of subconciously prejudiced or something.

Some people get THE BUG.

THE BUG is a potent disease caused by people (eg, MW) to make people do things they want them to. Sort of like weaponized black magic. So either your born prejudiced or catch prejudism.

Fantastic. I live in a brilliant world.

MW somehow managed to convince the teacher that he's found an error in his ways and will attempt to be less annoying and not make the girls cry so much, when he had a little one-on-one with her after the incident I described in 'Taste of Your Own Medicine'. And the teacher actually bought that. My teacher, I thought, was the most incorruptible and unswayable person in the school.

She caught THE BUG.

So now, whenever MW does something, and I 'dob', apparently I'm picking on him. Whenever he makes me cry, apparently, I'm being 'sensitive'.

Why am I suddenly the bad guy? What did I do? Tell someone I thought I trusted when someone made me angry, cried when I was upset. It's a free country - I can cry all I want.

And the sad thing is, out of every single person in my grade, MW is the one that's going to my high school next year.

As I said, I live in a heaven away from heaven.

What do you do when the judge has the inability to pass judgement? What do you do when the only people on your side are getting fewer and weaker?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be saying something, but sympathy doesn't help, and I can't relate.
Just ignore the stupid guy!
He's not worth crying over!
C.S

Anonymous said...

I know that post was ages ago, but anyways, good luck in high school!! Hopefully MW WON'T be in your class. Besides, there are 171(?) other students that will be there in your year. Hopefully, the teachers there are better and actually understand your point of view.

Audrey