"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Favourite Things

Top Favourite Things

I have a lot of favourites.

My favourite movies are probably Christopher Nolan's Batman remakes, Jerry Bruckheimer's Pirates of the Caribbean, and of course, George Lucas's Star Wars saga.

I love Batman because it isn't the average, cheesy, guy-gets-the-girl-and-saves-the-world that is a common, boring, recurring theme in superhero movies. Batman explores the emotion, pain, and anger behind the Batman, and is really intriguing and inspirational - the only superhero saga that really has depth.

Pirates of the Caribbean is the one and only pirate swashbuckler I will ever love. It's totally been revamped - and I love Keira Knightley and her character, the beautiful Elizabeth Swann, I love Will Turner (and Orli) even more, and of course, who could not love Johnny Depp's classic performance as bad boy Captain Jack Sparrow?

Star Wars is very original, very inspiring, if not poorly developed and directed. The forbidden love of the (quite literally) star crossed lovers is bittersweet and satisfyingly dark, and the fight scenes are as good as the syrupy ones.

The most anticipated movie of the year would have to be Twilight, by a long shot. Big fan of Kristen Stewart, a sort-of fan of Robert Pattinson and a die-hard Twilighter, I am a self-confessed fanpire and CANNOT BELIEVE that AMERICA gets TWILIGHT first. Hello? What about me? It's a crime to make me wait 'till mid-december!

My favourite pastimes are surfing the net, reading, blogging and writing. I love finding out new things, so Wikipedia does come in handy for that, and I love reading - Twilight, Harry Potter, A Little Princess and Pride and Prejudice top my list. I love blogging, because I think it's important that I step out of my shell a bit, and writing is just my thing. I love developing characters, I love writing action scenes and thrilling climaxes and bittersweet love stories, I love to keep people entertained and I love love love the idea that I may be a published author one day.

I love Twilight because it is so well written and original - albeit poorly developed and just a teensy bit shallow. I love the love story, and the pain, confusion and fear mingled into the dark romance is enthralling.

Harry Potter is also strikingly original as well, and very well written, with just enough humour to give you a good laugh but not too much to make it cheesy and spoil the deliciously scary moments. A Little Princess is the first classic I ever managed to read - and the best, in my opinion. Pride and Prejudice is one of the few rom-coms that I have actually enjoyed.

I love food in general - food + me = love. My favourite is Vietnamese, and I like dim-sum (or yum-cha) and everything my wacky mum cooks (well, not everything. Misth things).

I love cooking - although I'm not very good at it. I love baking - although I'm not very good at it. Cooking is good for the soul.

I also love music - I appreciate pop, rock, soul, indie, alternative and classical equally. I love r&b and hip hop - rihanna, timberland and justin timberlake top my list - and I love soul music - Bubbly by Colbie Callait has got to be one of my absolute favourites. Indie music is good as well - We Cry by The Script is my favourite song at the moment. Decode by Paramore - the official song of Twilight - is brilliant, as is almost everything about Twilight.

I also love classical music, specifically romantic classical and classical contemporary. I also love songs from musicals - My Fair Lady and The Phantom of the Opera are my favourites - and music scores! I LOVE MUSIC SCORES! Across the Stars, the Love Theme from Star Wars Episode II: Across the Stars by John Williams for George Lucas is the ABSOLUTE BEST.

I love being a rebel - that is what I am, I've embraced that now, it's not my mask, it's my soul. Good girls never made history and if you don't like me, tell someone who cares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
Good writing, but I've read all this in your earlier post.
The boy from green eaves, but hmmmmmm, it sounds like 'Twilight Remade.' If only you'd send me your work. sigh.....
(doe eyes) please?