"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reading Cards

This is a little activity I do when I'm bored: reading cards.

I don't get tarot at all and I don't have the cards, but this is how I read them. P.S, this version is specifically tailored for women, but guys can play it, although they may be a bit weirded out.

Just shuffle and pull out how many cards that match your lucky number (eg, my lucky number is five so I pull out five cards), then shuffle again, and read all in the shuffled order.

oh, and, one equals ace :)

Red Cards (Hearts or Diamonds)

King - a woman desires a lover
Queen - a woman triumphs
Jack - a woman desires a friend
10 - the journey ends
9 - the happy ending awaits
8 - luck is on your side
7 - give up now and fail forever, give up now and never prosper
6 - the worst is behind you
5 - a half completed journey
4 - death and misfortune eyes your every move
3 - an unbalanced life must be righted, be strong and don't be frightened
2 - the door is shut and faded to black; too late, it's gone, it won't come back
1 - the journey starts here - proceed, or go and never come back

Black Cards (Spades and Clubs)

King - a strong, fearless warrior
Queen - the mastermind if not the star
Jack - a loyal friend
10 - the enemy becomes a friend
9 - the friend becomes an enemy
8 - the darkness becomes light
7 - the light becomes darkness
6 - a friend in need is a friend in deed
5 - the rebellious troublemaker is actually a misunderstood renegade; help, do not ignore
4 - the misunderstood renegade is actually a rebellious troublemaker; ignore, do not help
3 - you walk the line
2 - all lies are truth
1 - all truth is lie

Example (i'll do one now)

7 of hearts - give up now and fail forever, give up now and never prosper

That gave me a lot of courage. I'm not going to give up on my writing now.

4 of clubs - the misunderstood renegade is a rebellious troublemaker; ignore, do not help

When i figure out who that is, I'll stop helping them.

1 of diamonds - the journey starts here - proceed, or go, and never come back

Wow, this thing really works!

9 of hearts - the happy ending awaits

I LOVE THIS!!!

3 of clubs - you walk the line

Of course I do. I walk the line of bitch and renegade, everyone knows that.

IT REALLY WORKS!!! WHOOHOO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool; now I have to go find a deck of cards. *leaves computer* Aha! I found them! *retuns 1/2 hour later*
hehe
Doin'Huh3.5

Anonymous said...

not to be super christian or anything but did you know that playing cards are anti-christian?
just thought i'd let you know ;)

-Immy C