"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Heart Twilight!!!

WARNING!!! THIS CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR TWILIGHT, the MOVIE.

My first ever Girl's Night Out. Watching Twilight. YAMEE!!!

I went with Nyshie and Bubbly (aka Fifi but she doesn't like that name). Carina was going to come, but she couldn't, so it was just us three with Bubbly's mom and sister.

The commercials drove me crazy - fifteen minutes of them! I ate half of my popcorn (which came in Twilight box) and sipped impatiently at my soda (which came in a Twilight tumbler). Then it started.

I could hear my heart fluttering, fluttering.

It was brilliant. Not as good as the books, sure, but certainly not disappointing.

The first section was a little slow, but that was sort of necessary to build up the tension. My doubts of Robert Pattinson completely flew out the window - he was the perfect Edward. He just captured the anger and self-hate so beautifully, it's easy to forget he doesn't look anything like the Edward in my mind.

"As if you could outrun me! As if you could fight me off!"
- Edward Cullen

But he couldn't match up to Kristen Stewart, who plays Bella Swan, the main female protagonist. She's a legend.

"I'd never given much thought about how I was going to die. But dying in the place of someone you loved...seemed like a pretty good way to go"
- Bella Swan

Charlie Swan, played by Billy Burke, was a crack-up. Sooo funny. The whole pepper-spray and "I'll keep her safe" were two running gags that were continually popped up through the whole movie.

My personal favourite character (aside from the totally hot vamp boys - Ed and Jazz)? Alice. Alice is awesome. Alice is just...Alice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!
When are they making the sequel?
C.S

Morgapedia said...

OMG. I loved the movie too!!! Especially the part in the baseball scene with Japer and the bat!!!!

Anonymous said...

The sequel, New Moon, has been announced and is scheduled for release in 2010. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have both expressed interest in returning, although Catherine Hardwike will not be directing New Moon. Plans have been made to shoot some scenes on location in Volterra, Italy.