"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Blog Activity

Now Playing: State of Grace by Taylor Swift (these are the hands of fate, you're my Achilles heel, this is the golden age of something good and right and real)

Music Mondays/Wordless Wednesdays/Video Fridays/Sunday Wordles are uploaded at 6am, local time. Including these I average about 24 blog posts a month.  

I brain fart..eh, not often. But it is my most updated page so check it out. The new brain farts are at the top. My 'About Me' page will be updated at the beginning of every month, so that will always be changing. I write a commentary for every poem I write and there's always a link to that page at the end of every poem, but if that poem is old you'll have to scroll down a bit. I upload quotes whenever I come across something I like. 

In response to some feedback I've gotten from friends with dodgy technology (i.e. anyone who lives in Australia and/or is stupid enough to try and use the wifi in the Perth Cultural Centre) my blog will only show ten posts at a time, and so if you don't check frequently or if I've gone on a blogging spree make sure you click the 'older posts' at the end of the page to see if there's something you've missed. 

Laci Green has a new video up every fortnight or so and is UH-MAY-ZING, I have literally watched her whole channel. Her tumblr page is also worth a big look, she uploads pretty much every day. 

Some might consider this 'age inappropriate' (the legal age of consent is 16 and genitalia are present since birth, so I don't entirely understand this argument) but it is definitely 'sex positive'...Dan Savage's column Savage Love. Kind of gross, very alternative and hilariously funny. Definitely NSFW, though. Or prudish parents/spouses/siblings/people who forget you have nerve endings.

I have on more than one occasion made my nerd friends cringe by saying things like 'I don't watch video games' (sorry!), but I looooove Zero Punctuation, which is something you get introduced to when you hang out with nerdy people (ILY, 오빠!).

I've stopped putting acknowledgements at the end of my Wordless Wednesdays because I upload three months worth at a time and it's very fiddly and time consuming. Basically I get them all off Facebook and Tumblr and they're almost always about gay rights or feminism.  

No comments: