"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, November 02, 2012

Things I Loved in October

Now Playing: The Last Time by Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody (this is the last time I'm asking you why you break my heart in the blink of an eye)

1. Graduating! I am technically an ex-high school inmate! That is very exciting. I feel like a year one who's had a '2' accidentally added to the end of her grade level. But never mind.

2. I have discovered oil cleansing and I love it. I was having a fight with my Coconut Soap - which I still use as a kind of feminine wash - because it was making my skin dry and flaky. Oil cleansing is basically when you clean your face with a wash cloth and oil - I use EVOO and I love it. In the morning I wipe off the excess oil so I can put makeup on but at night I leave it all and it absorbs into the skin as moisturizer. I also use EVOO as lip gloss which is working super well - although it is messy and not very portable. This is really helping with my exam stress breakouts.

3. TAYLOR SWIFT'S NEW ALBUM RED IS AMAZING OMG! My favourite tracks are Begin Again, The Last Time, Treacherous, State of Grace and All Too Well.

4. 오빠 being a sweetie

5. Spaghetti sandwiches. Heaven.

6. Egg in a basket. Also heaven.

7. I watched American Beauty. Finally. And I loved it. And I also loved tearing it to pieces.

8. Dan Savage is my new hero.

9. I've been wearing lots of sundresses. I feel at home. I hate school uniform.

10. Muck up days were so much fun. I was a fairy, an indie, and a hippy writer. I still have my purple sparkly gauze wings.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Have a couple of words to say about Savage and heroism.

In the last few days I read articles about him and his concern for "straight guys getting a bum rap". (The Atlantic, 30th October 2012). Which is similar to a concern you've shown or are edging towards. (in part 2 of THE REALITY OF ABORTION).

(As for reading the whole Bible, hmm. Bill Gates did that too. And he memorised the Psalms).

And how everyone seems to relate to the column Savage Love.

Great to know that October was red for you.

6 and 7: wow.

Good to hear about how EVOO is working for you.