"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Briefest Facebook Stint Ever...

I was on Facebook.

For about six seconds. So, suck, you missed me, too slow.

I thought it would be a good idea - you know, a bit more personal than a blog, and some place where I didn't have to do all the talking. But then I figured out that:

First, if I have a Facebook account, people will know my name. I don't want random people on the internet knowing my name, because my blog has things that some people may not like reading.

Second, there are too many flipping people to add if I go on Facebook.

Third, if I go on Facebook, BSC is going to annoy the shit out of me. As it is, he sends me emails like 'J****n V*******e wants to add you as a friend!' and I'm like 'F*ck off...'

Fourth, I really like doing all the talking.

Fifth, I have no pictures to load.

Sixth, I don't really understand all the fuss over Facebook. First it was msn, then it was MySpace, then it was Twitter, and now it's Facebook. I've told people before, but I don't really have enough time to keep up with that shit. Blogger is really easy to use - you click 'New Post', garbage on about random stuff, and then click 'Publish Post'. Even that is a little tricky for me (just joking).

Seventh, I pride myself in not giving in to trends and pressures. And sooner or later Facebook will be the Nerdiest Thing Eva and they'll all be laughing at me, as though they'd never been on Facebook, only I have.

Eighth (this is a long list. I'm aiming for ten. Million.), I don't want people ogling at my ugly face. I have better things about me then my face.

Ninth, I waste enough time on the internet. Seriously.

Tenth, my Facebook account would be the most boring in the history of the world.

And there are the ten reasons why I'm not on Facebook.

No comments: