"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Millipedes and Jellyfish

People have this idealized glory that Australian beaches are THE HOTNESS.

Some of them. Not all of them.

For one, the one near my house hasn't got soft smooth sand at all, instead the grains are kind of sharpened to kill. And jellyfish infested.

Jellyfish.

I hate jellyfish. And they get washed up onto the beach and all the hotness evaporates. Imagine stepping on one. Bleurgh.

Which means walking barefoot is out of the picture, so you can't walk around and feel the soft powdery deadly sharpness sand between your toes.

What a disappointment.

So you get bored of the beach and walk back up.

You can't do that barefooted either, because half the beach is a dog beach, which also means it's a dog-shit beach. Beware of landmines.

And if that wasn't bad enough, there are millipedes everywhere! Some as long as, oh, I don't know, just long. Very long. Black and creepy and wiggly and....

Bleurgh.

Which is why I don't understand why people come all the way here for our beaches. Seriously, I don't.

2 comments:

chamal said...

Well, here I am :) Back from the dead. Sorry about the long absence... I was busy for a few months and clean forgot after that.

LN said...

i totally agree

when we first moved into our new house, it was totally overrun with millapedes

the pool was filled with them

eugghh!