"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Learned Response

One reason why I really hate modern-day society is that we are so restrained, not by laws so much, but by social taboos, and countless unspoken 'rules'. And the general unacceptance of anything deviating from normal and perfect.

And it's all a learned response, really. We do not really fear and hate gays, women, lesbians, blacks, etc., we are just learned to automatically have a certain response to them, to fit in. Maybe we don't really like chocolate or lollies or chips, but we learn from young to go wacko over them.

It is human nature to fear and dislike rejection, humiliation and exclusion, but seriously, sometimes we drive ourselves to the extremes. I've seen too many people throw their lives away to keep other people happy, to keep the world happy, but the cold truth is, people are never happy. The world is never happy. Whatever you give them, they always want more. The more you give the more they want, and the less they'll give back. However hard you try they always say that you don't try hard enough, however hard you fall they always expect you to pick yourself up.

Personally, I'm really sick of trying to live for other people. You only have one life to play with what you've got, so I'm just going for it. You never know when your world will come crashing down on you, you never know when you're going to kiss this wretched society goodbye. So just go for it. We have nothing to lose.

1 comment:

blue.eyes.blind said...

I have read this post

LN


[am I annoying you yet?]