"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chauvinists.

I don't have a problem with men, because I know that we really don't have much say whether we're born X or Y. That's all up to fate.

I don't have a problem with masculists. I really don't. I'm a feminist, they're masculists, because I'm a woman and they're men. That's that. I live in Australia - we have to accept everyone.

The people who bother me the most are male chauvinists.

These are a bunch of idiots who are convinced that women cannot do anything, cannot understand anything, and cannot be anything.I mean, I know some people do degrade men a little, but these idiots are no better. I mean, I'm a feminist, but I respect that sometimes men are degraded a little by women, by other men, and by the law. I don't actively support the cause because I can't exactly empathize the situation, but I don't go - urgh! That's biased! That's sexist!

Because I know it's not.

If you're a male chauvinist, then I only have one thing to say to you: Fuck you. I hope when you die, you go to hell. And then come back as a woman.

Then you'll understand.

4 comments:

La Pianista said...

Hey, LR! Sorry for being away. Life has been pretty busy lately - I've got something new almost every week! O.o

Anyways, hope everything is going well and life is treating you great. Or at least better than usual. :)

Love,

LP

Btw, I'll email you soon if you'll tell me your email again. I have a new address.

Adelaide Dupont said...

What happens if somebody chose your gender for you? And then there are transexuals, who feel like they are born into the 'wrong' sex/gender.

I usually understand 'chauvinist' to do with nationality or extreme bigotry. It came from a French soldier in Napoleon's army, Nicholas Chauvin.

And good on you that you didn't add 'pig' to 'male chauvinist', because that's specieist. Something you avoid if you care about animals.

Morgapedia said...

I agree. Nothing pisses me off more than a sexist man.

I'm mostly here to say that I've changed my username to something that fits me better. Morgapedia(my first name combined with wiki- or encyclopedia. People have called me a "walking, talking encyclopedia before so...)

The reader formerly known as Doin'Huh3.5

Anonymous said...

You know what I really hate? Teachers who are male chauvinists. (An all-too-common species.)