"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Written by a guy

There's this stupid email floating around called 'written by a guy' - it's all this soppy stuff about how girls look good without makeup in their pjs. Seriously, guys who think that watch too many chick flicks. We all don't wake up looking like Rachel McAdams, and the sooner guys get that fantasy out of their head the better. I always delete that email.

Because, I'm sorry, but I've never met a guy who would write anything like that, and so I don't really consider it a very accurate representation of the male population. I mean, all the guys I've known hate my guts and break my heart, or at the very best, like all my friends and gush about them endlessly whilst I have to listen. Very gentlemanly.

People say I have a very harsh and unforgiving view of men, and I probably do. But I don't make unreasonable judgements - my view has been influenced by all those bastards that I've met, and the noticeable absence of guys who might actually be a credit to their sex. So don't blame me, blame the friggin place where I live. Or blame men, if they're all like that. Because I really don't know.

All I want is one single guy to change my mind. Someone who can show me that somebody, somewhere, cares.

2 comments:

blue.eyes.blind said...

I have read this post

LN


[am I annoying you yet?]

Morgapedia said...

That's not necessarily true. A guy who really really loves you will think you're beautiful no matter what you're wearing. Or at least he should.