"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 02, 2012

I am glad I was your hone.

But
Shouldn't I get some kind of commission?

I've always found it quite tragic
That when we are mortal

We have nothing to say.

Immortality makes us drunk
And pour out our hearts

But in the real world
You put your armour on

Not afraid of I the alien
But they the comrades.

It is not enough to say sorry
And then continue on as before

But it's okay.

I forget you at the dance of my pen,
And the sway of my hips,

To                and                   fro.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

"When we are mortal
We have nothing to say".

These are two lines I'll remember, for the economy and weight of the point.

"I forget you at the dance of my pen
and the sway of my hips".

(dance and sway are interchangeable here, it seems).

Something about careless apologies!