"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 16, 2012

my dear rochester.

It takes me a little while to forget
And then remember

That in person
You are a mere shadow of yourself

Metaphysically
You lack the transparency
That defines you in person
More than anything.

But you live in the kind of world
Where who you are
Not what you are
Is the question.

I know
I do not fulfill your criteria
But you cannot deny
That I am rather interesting to talk to

You are a charmer
But only half the time
So you're only half the charmer,
And therefore hardly worth my time.

You are such the consummate actor
Sometimes you even have me fooled
But I have faith
That mask is not you
But I am scared of
Hewhoisnotyou,
You've turned this femme fatale
Into another one of your simpering ingenues. 

Although
Sometimes
I admit.
I do not know
Whether you pretend to care
Or you pretend not to.

You go
onandonandon
About all that you've done to me.
If you truly feel guilty
Why can't you mend your ways?

Eventually
You will come to realize
That without
Your soul
You are nothing

ergo...nothing to me?

I jest

I am just that fool
Watching
The numbers flip
fromseventoeight

There are other people
In your world
To do that for you.

But...

If you fly your true colours
I can guarantee that blanche will leave.
She subscribes
To your philosophy. 

...but jane...jane might stay.

No comments: