"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, February 25, 2012

wuthering heights.

you said i killed you.
haunt me then.
take any form
drive me mad
but don't leave me here:
in this abyss where i cannot find you. 

it seems to me
that
only in
paperandink
are we
allowed to be
human.

violence
passion
aggression
love

what i feel
is all but illegal now

i am cathy
trapped in the next life
heathcliff
make your sacrifice
it is so lonely on the other side.

i cannot fight darkness
or bad dreams in the night.
i need your fearlessness
i'm getting greedy

but your hate
and my jealousy
somehow
collide
to light up the

wuthering
stormy
starry night.

heathcliff
i know you'll find me.
heathcliff
come to me,
come to me.

i know you will wander the moors
and the world
until the end of time

searching

heathcliff
come to me,
come to me,
master.

they all belong
in a world
of manners
and comforts.

but it cripples me.
you were wise
to run away...

now i am gone
but not free.

i wrote it over and over
cathy heathcliff,
cathy heathcliff,
cathy heathcliff.

but i lie
in the cold, cold ground
a stranger.
mrs linton. 

i was a fool
to choose edgar

he cannot give me
anything real
dark
sordid.

why did i waste my life
chasing perfection?

i'll while away eternity
out on the
wileywindymoors
with you.

heathcliff
you understand me
you get
under my skin
i need to
possess you
i hate you,
i love you.

not as a pleasure
but as my own being!

leave edgar alone, heathcliff
let young cathy be.
let hareton go and
come to me.

i'm waiting
transcending
fading, falling.

my cage is gilded
and it crumbles
as you rattle my bars. 

heathcliff, it's me,
cathy,
i've come home again.

i'm so cold,
let me in your window. 

Inspired by Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, the 2009 TV adaptation of Wuthering Heights starring Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley and Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush.

No comments: