"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Ocean's Mistress

The beach was my lover today.
A cool cloud of foam swept up
And kissed my feet whilst
A piece of sea lace
Curled,
And caressed my skin. 

The spray climbed
Higher...higher...higher
The sun and the breeze
Wrapped me in a lover's embrace.

The waves rolled in....and out....
A constant, gentle, seductive siege.

It is the most romantic thing
To walk into the sea
And never come back.

I would be content
To while away eternity
As the ocean's mistress.

No comments: