"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, February 18, 2012

safeandsound.

there is nothing like
the feeling of helplessness
and spiralling dispair

of being strapped to a gurney
and moving without
legs
or
feet
towards
hell.

to smell the stench
of rubber pressed
against your cheek

as the sicklysweetether
smothers you
slowly
slowly
slowly

it is like being killed
to be saved.

there is nothing like
having tears running down your face
and having no hands
to brush them away

there is nothing like
staring
at a
hard

cold

light.

is there a war raging on the other side of those
plastic doors?
why does everything seem to be on fire?
it feels like there's a
drug addled
losing battle
inside my head

creeping slowly
down my breast
to claim my heart. 

hold me close
whisper in my ear
tell me a mother's lie.

hold me close
don't let me go
say everything will be alright. 

promise me
i will be
safeandsound. 

Note: I hope this doesn't sound too depressing. I'm not really depressed at the moment. This is inspired, in part, by Prufrock by T.S. Eliot and Safe & Sound by Taylor Swift. But mostly...it's what was going through my head when I was in hospital when I was fourteen. It was a pretty intense experience.

No comments: